- Acquisition and Use of Personal Information
Personal information acquired by G-7 Group Companies is used for the following purposes. G-7 Group Companies notify or disclose the purpose of use in an appropriate manner when acquiring personal information.
- Purpose of use of personal information on customers
To respond appropriately to inquiries, etc. about products, and services, etc. offered by G-7 Group Companies
To provide services to the individual concerned or to engage in other transactions with the individual concerned
To conduct market research and data analysis for the purpose of researching and developing products and services
To conduct advertising, publicity, and marketing activities
To improve the operation of websites operated by G-7 Group Companies
To inform of events organized or supported by the G-7 Group, to inform of the details of other activities such as new businesses, or to conduct market research (questionnaires) to inform of our products and services by mail, telephone, e-mail, or other means
To request market research (questionnaires) in order for G-7 Group Companies to research improvements to store operations, product purchasing trends, product development, and the opening of new stores (the results of market research (questionnaires) may be edited so that individuals cannot be identified and disclosed to the general public)
To provide various products and services handled by insurance companies (non-life insurance companies, etc.) when insurance companies entrust insurance agency services to G-7 Group Companies
To verify the accuracy of financial institution account numbers and the validity of credit cards with financial institution (banks, credit companies, loan companies, etc.) and insurance companies (non-life insurance companies, etc.), when settling payments for products and fees for fee-based services
To send, etc. prizes to individuals who enter competitions to win prizes, etc.
To contact the individual concerned in an emergency if there is a risk of damage to the life, body, or property of the individual concerned or another person due to defects in a product sold, a product installation defect or a maintenance defect, etc.
- Purpose of use of personal information on business partners
To conduct negotiations and business communications
- Purpose of use of personal information on shareholders
To fulfill rights and obligations in accordance with the Companies Act and other laws and regulations
For G-7 Group Companies to provide various benefits in relation to the status as a shareholder
To implement various measures to facilitate relationships with shareholders
To conduct shareholder management, including preparing data on shareholders based on prescribed standards in accordance with various laws and regulations
For G-7 Group Companies to implement various events, questionnaires, and other plans
- Purpose of use of personal information on customers
- Provision of personal data to third parties
G-7 Group Companies do not provide personal data to third parties, except in the cases set forth in the following section to section 5 below;
provided, however, that this does not apply in the following cases:
- When consent has been given by Customers
- When providing personal data in accordance with laws and regulations
- When it is necessary to protect the life, body, or property of any person, and it is difficult to obtain consent from Customers
- When it is necessary to cooperate with a national agency, a local government, or party entrusted by a national agency or local government, in the performance of administrative work prescribed in laws and regulations, and when obtaining consent from Customers may impede the performance of such work
- When otherwise permitted by the Personal Information Protection Act or other laws and regulations
- Shared Use
G-7 Group Companies share personal data with G-7 Group Companies and the following overseas Group companies, as outline below.
- Items of personal data to be shared:
(1) Login information (identifiers)
(2) Information on member services and use of eligible services, etc. (identifiers, protected characteristics (gender, etc.), commercial information (usage history, etc.), and information on activities on the internet and other electronic networks)
(3) Information for payments or identity verification
(4) Information on information and communication devices and information obtained using cookies, etc. (information on activities on the internet and other electronic networks, location information)
(5) Name, address, date of birth, gender, telephone number, e-mail address, vehicle information, and other information declared by the individual concerned
(6) Information provided in questionnaires, etc.
(7) Information regarding purchases and the use of services provided by the G-7 Group
(8) Information such as vehicle registration number, inspection date, displacement, date of registration in first year, vehicle model, motor vehicle model, and mileage
(9) Information relating to opinions, requests, and inquiries, etc.
(10) Items provided pursuant to a contract with G-7 Group Companies
- Scope of shared use
G-7 Group Companies and the following overseas Group companies
G7 RETAIL MALAYSIA SDN. BHD. (Malaysia)
- Purpose of Use by Joint Users
Purposes of use listed in section 1 (Acquisition and Use of Personal Information) of this Policy
- Person responsible for management
G-7 HOLDINGS Inc.
- Items of personal data to be shared:
- Outsourcing the Handling of Personal Data
G-7 Group Companies may outsource the handling of personal data to third parties to the extent necessary to achieve the purpose of use. In such cases, every effort will be made to appropriately select, manage, and supervise subcontractors to prevent leaks.
- Provision of Personal Data to Third Parties in Foreign Countries
G-7 Group Companies obtain consent before providing personal data to third parties in foreign countries, including subcontractors and joint users, except in the following cases:
- When the third party is located in a country that is designated in laws and regulations as being a country with a personal information protection system equivalent to the system in Japan
- When the third party has established a system necessary to continuously take measures equivalent to the measures that must be taken by entities that handle personal information in Japan. In such cases, G-7 Group Companies take necessary and appropriate measures to ensure the ongoing implementation of the corresponding measures by the third party.
- Disclosure, Correction, Suspension of Use and Deletion of Retained Personal Data
G-7 Group Companies respond to requests to disclose, correct, suspend use, and delete, etc. retained personal data, pursuant to the Personal Information Protection Act and other laws and regulations, as soon as possible after verifying that the person making such request is the individual concerned, except when requests significantly affect the proper execution of business or when disclosure is not required in applicable laws and regulations.
- Use of Attribute Information and Activity History Data, etc.
G-7 Group Companies may store and use attribute information such as Customer profiles, cookies, IDFAs, Advertising IDs, service access logs, and other activity history data in order to understand how services provided by G-7 Group Companies are being used and to improve the convenience of services, and in order to distribute advertisements that are relevant to Customers, etc. This information does not contain any information that identifies a specific individual. G-7 Group Companies manage such information appropriately according to its content.
Google Analytics Terms of Service
Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on
Cookies are a mechanism that stores usage history, input data, and other information exchanged between browsers and servers, as a file on Customers’ computers when Customers visit a web page. The next time a Customer visits the same page, the web page operator can use the cookie information to change the display on the web page, to optimize it for each Customer, without identifying a specific individual. If a Customer sets their browser to allow cookies to be sent and received, websites can retrieve cookies from the Customer’s browser.
Note: IDFA and Advertising IDs
IDFA and Advertising IDs are both mobile apps etc.
Identifiers for sending ads are issued to mobile devices, etc. in environments in which cookies are not stored. IDFA stands for Identification For Advertisers and refers to the advertising ID issued by Apple Inc. for iOS. Advertising ID refers to the advertising ID issued by Google Inc. for Android OS.
Note: Access Logs
Access logs refers to access to web pages and includes the URL of the page viewed by the Customer, the access time, IP address, browser type, referrer (the URL of the page from which the link originates that is automatically sent by the browser when the Customer moves from one page link to another), and other information.
- Measures to Protect Personal Information
G-7 Group Companies strive to prevent the loss, theft, improper use, or improper editing of personal information, and conduct educational activities and training for officers and employees to ensure compliance with laws, regulations and standards relating to the protection of personal information.
- Security Control Measures
G-7 Group Companies assign a personal information manager to each department that handles personal information, take necessary and appropriate measures for the secure management of personal data handled, and conduct educational and awareness-raising activities.
- Compliance with Laws and Regulations, etc.
G-7 Group Companies comply with the Personal Information Protection Act, and laws, regulations and other standards applicable to the protection of personal information.
For inquiries about this Policy and the disclosure, correction, suspension of use, or deletion, etc., of personal information, please contact:
G-7 HOLDINGS Inc. 078-797-7700
Inquiries are accepted between 09:00 and 12:00 and 13:00 and 17:00, except on Saturdays, Sundays, National Holidays, and Year-end and New Year holidays.
Revised: May 1, 2022